The 7PJ13 is connected with a circuit-breaker to monitor the trip circuit positions (make or break). The 7PJ13 generates a trip circuit failure alarm, either if the trip circuit supply is disconnected or if the trip circuit connection is changed to an open circuit. Trip circuit continuity is measured by supplying the supervision current of 0.7 mA to 1.5 mA and sensing the flow of current with two optocouplers. The circuit-breaker contact indicates the status of the relay whether the circuit-breaker is in a make position or a break position.
The features of the Trip Circuit Supervision Relay are:
- A universal auxiliary voltage range with very low burden (i.e.)
– AC 24 V to AC 240 V/DC 24 V to DC 240 V
– AC 110 V to AC 240 V/DC 110 V 20 DC 240 V
at less than 4 W.
- A universal supervision voltage range (i.e.) DC 24 V to DC 240 V.
- A compact design 96 mm x 48 mm (Width x Height)
- Fitted with flush-mounting
- Continuous supervision of trip circuit in pre-closed, post-closed condition, and latched trip condition.
- Detects faults such as auxiliary voltage loss and circuit breakage in supervised circuits.
- Indicates operational status by a single LED with dual color.
- The relay complies with IEC 60255 standards.